5.9L engine wont accellerate

I have a 2001 Dodge 1 ton Van 3500. Intermittently it will start but will not accelerate. Any Ideas?
Bob

It could be any number of things, do you have a check engine light on. You might want to have it scanned for codes, both active and pending. It could be low fuel pressure caused by either a bad pump or a plugged filter. Hell, it could even be a bad tank of fuel. What were the conditions when this problem began?
"Bob Fay" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message

This problem has occurred when the van had been driven for several miles, shut off for five minutes and then restarted. The engine would idle, but die when I put it in drive. It happened once when it was shut down overnight. I fear this thing is going to leave me in the middle of the desert sometime. So far, it seems to cure itself.
Bob

How old's the battery?
I had trouble with the catolytic convertor... It fell apart and blocked the flow, M.

That's possible, but usually doesn't cause the engine to stall. Plugged cats usually manifest themselves as a vehicle with no power - can't get out of it's own way... kinda like driving a Ford :)
Suddenly, without warning, Tom Lawrence exclaimed (31-Dec-05 11:09 PM):

I'd tend to second this idea, had a very similar problem when the battery on my old Mitsu truck was dying (had a dead cell).
jmc