6.1 Hemi Engine

Anyone know if they are ever going to install the 6.1 Hemi in the Ram. Thanks.

Reply to
Bill

I'd expect it for the '07 model year, possibly even the '06.5 (usually available in Jan.) It was always the plan to have the bigger Hemi be the replacement for the V10. It just took longer than originally anticipated for the 6.1 to see the light of day (the same was true for the 5.7 Hemi, which is why the 3rd gen 1500's in '02 still had the 5.9 option).

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

"Tom Lawrence" wrote: > > Anyone know if they are ever going to install the 6.1 Hemi > in the Ram. > > I'd expect it for the '07 model year, possibly even the '06.5 > (usually > available in Jan.) It was always the plan to have the bigger > Hemi be the > replacement for the V10. It just took longer than originally > anticipated > for the 6.1 to see the light of day (the same was true for the > 5.7 Hemi, > which is why the 3rd gen 1500's in '02 still had the 5.9 > option).

It is not in the 06 brouchers I have seen and it is possible that the

6.1 is not type certified emission wise for SUV?s yet and hence the delay.
Reply to
SnoMan