66 D200

The fuel guage in my 66 Camper Special has stopped working. Guage is good so it has to be the tank sender. I have no hope of finding a 66 Dodge truck tank sender and wonder if anyone knows if something from something
else could fit. What got me thinking was running across a 60s vintage International AWD truck in a local wrecking yard that also has the tank behind the seat.
johninKY wrote:

One of these might work for you but I don't know what ohm range you need. http://www.sso-usa.com/performance/Accessories/fuel/index.html Summit racing sells them for less than $50.
--
Ken

Don't assume that because the gauge is good the sender is the culprit, if the tank isn't properly grounded a good sender won't function correctly.
If it is the sender, you might contact these folks, they reportedly can rebuild/repair your sender.
Instrument Services Inc. 11765 Main St. Roscoe, IL 61073. 815-623-2993 Toll free 800-558-2674.
That makes good sense. I rarely use the Dodge anymore. Probably drive it less than a 1K miles a year. The last time I used it last summer the guage just stopped working. Used the truck last week to move some firewood and took the time to test the guage. The guage works when I disconnected the wire at the sending unit and used a test light to complete the circuit. I'll ground the tank and see if that helps. Really need to get this guage working because I think I need to make a 1200 mile run in the Dodge this summer. Thanks for the advice and replies.

the bottom of the tank. With the tank empty, remove the sender and fuel pickup -- there should be a retainer ring & rubber gasket. If you can hear liquid sloshing inside the float, that's the problem. Pinhole(s) in the float can be sealed with solder -- because of the explosion hazard, DON'T use a torch. Clean any leftover flux with alcohol. Bryan