7/70000 Warranty question

I just bought a used 2003 Dakota Quad cab with 24,000 miles on it. Do I need to do anything special to be sure to get the 7 year/ 70000 extended drivetrain warranty? TIA, Tom

Reply to
Tom R

Tom, If you are the second owner, you must get a form from your local dealer . Fill that in and send it to Chrysler with a $100 to extend the warranty. Please note that it must be done within 30 days of the purchase. If you are not the 2nd owner or the sales date is longer than 30 days ago, you are not eligable. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

However, regardless of whether you're the 1st owner or the 101'st owner, the FEDERAL 8-yr/80,000 mile emissions system warranty (including the catalytic convertor and the Y-pipe ahead of it) is covered 100%, with no deductible and no exceptions (unless you've been dumb enough to modify it). Please remember to avail yourself of this warranty coverage along about year 7 of vehicle age or in the high 70k-mile range and have your CAT checked. Many of them do wear out before 8/80 and if replacement is needed this can save you several hundred bux.

Reply to
RamMan

I second this, I used to have a Camaro that ate the computer, along with almost everything else having to do with the Tuned Port Injection every year or so. The mechanic told me about it and I had it done for almost free three times. The cause was finally found (one of the parts that blew was causing everything else) and once that part was redesigned, it stopped. Saved me literally thousands of dollars..

Funny thing was, it ran great when this happened, but sucked gas at an amazing rate. No check engine light except for some really dim error codes that could only be seen in nearly total darkness. Kind of funny, the error was 1 long and 2 short, that meant everything was "OK".

BDK

Reply to
BDK

Supposing that the original owner did not, or you cannot document, that all the required periodic servicing had been accomplished . Would that have any effect on the warranty being transferred?

Old_Timer

Reply to
Old_Timer

Steve, I don't see anything in the warranty book that says anything about the extended warranty being limited to the second owner. But it may be in there somewhere. The "CarFax" report says I'm either the 3rd or 4th owner, 4 if you count the dealer I bought it from. CarFax says it qualifies for the 7/70000 but don't say how to get it. Guess I better call the dealer. Thanks for your help. Tom

Reply to
Tom R