7-Pin Hitch Wiring - Auxillary Position

Hello,
I've been reading about 7-pin trailer wiring, and that is an "auxiliary" pin on them, and that it is now often used for backup lights. Does any
know on a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 if that is indeed for backup lights?
-Lint
For reference, what I read:
(COLORS MAY VARY) PIN    COLOR    GAUGE     PURPOSE 1     white    10     common ground 2     blue     12     electric brake 3     green     14     tail/running lights 4     black     10     battery charge (+) 5     red     14     left turn/stop 6     brown     14     right turn/stop 7    yellow     14     auxiliary/back up

Here ya go.
--
------MoParMaN------

---Signature Pending Yet Another Assine Comment by MIANDERSON---
Thanks for the link Scott. I had actually looked at that site earlier. Unless I am missing something, I don't think it said definitely for Dodge trucks whether or not is backup. I went back and looked again, am I missing something?
-Lint
Scott Hendryx wrote:

It says that several times. And, that's how mines wired.
--
------MoParMaN------

---Signature Pending Yet Another Assine Comment by MIANDERSON---

Yes, it's wired for backup lights.

I have been doing the "trailer wiring" on my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. After much research I have found that the Dodge Factory Manual simply has all the facts but they are not very specific. So I have traced all the rear wiring and made the decision to install 5 relays that are actuated by the rear wiring signals. Then I will run a fat #10 12v and a fat #10 ground stranded wire from the front to the relays. Then individual wires in a stranded cable to a metal shell 7 pin Bargman type connector. And on to the trailer.
More details if you want them.
Bob AZ