76 ramcharger door wont open

Suddenly after never having trouble with the doors my drivers door wont open with outside or inside buttons or handle. Ive taken the inside panel off and
can see it all is moving but no door open. do any have and idea how i can get it open short of C4 so i can get and replace the latch piece. Love the beast and was getting it up to where i could travel a bit with it (show off) when this happened. Any help would be appriciated.
thanks , Sunmac
Sunmac wrote:

Other than frame trouble I can't think of any reason why the door won't open if the inside mechanism is working properly. Try jacking some of the weight of the truck up on the frame under the driver's door. If that doesn't help or if you get no other suggestions here try posting the question at www.ramchargercentral.com .
The only thing I can thank of is fiddle around with it. If anything try prying it from the inside, that way you won't leave any dents on the outside. Screwdrivers and whatnot are your best friend for this sort of thing. C4 on the other hand is not. Maybe a RPG,You might have to remove the whole locking mechanism to loosen it up. That might work.

I mentioned previously that I tend to not let my mate work on my cars - in part because C4 does tend to be one of his recommendations...
I'm probably dense - is the latch itself not moving (you said "everything is moving" but wasn't sure if you just meant the mechanism up to that point), or is it moving but you still can't open the door?
Cricket

well got it open and my no need for c4 (yet) looks like i need new or rebuilt door hinges on the driver side and when it opened a piece of white tough type plastic popped out witha visable break area.
So first thanks for the support and second does any know where i might find those parts its on a 76 ramcharger se.
Again thanks all
sunmac "
o and if you know of a place i can get a latch set its needing a new one too
Thanks
sunmac