#8 in Diesel power magazine's top 10 engines

was looking at the diesel power magazine website today and noticed the had a top 10 list of their favorite oil burners. so I had to look. this one in
particular raised an eyebrow.
8. Wartsila-Sulzer RTA96-C
* Engine Type: Two-cycle, 14-cylinder, inline * Displacement: 1,556,002 ci (25,480L) Yikes! * Bore and Stroke: 38x98 in (Roughly a 3 foot bore and 8 foot stroke!) * Aspiration: Turbocharged * Governed Speed: 102 rpm * Engine Weight: 2,300 tons (The city block-sized crank weights 300 tons) * Dimensions: 89 feet long and 44 feet high * Maximum Power: 108,920 hp at 102 rpm * Maximum Torque: 5,608,312 lb-ft at 102 rpm * Efficiency: 1,660 gallons per hour of heavy fuel oil
* Why We Dig It: Um, do you really have to ask? If this doesn't turn your crank, you really don't get it. This engine is used to motivate container ships, cruise liners, and generates more power than some third-world countries.
here is the link
http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/general/0607_dp_10_best_used_diesel_engines/index.html
--
----------------------------
-Chris
Chris Thompson wrote:

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/general/0607_dp_10_best_used_diesel_engines/index.html
That would work great in my Dak. Where can I get one?
What really caught me was that Cummins is only 10th yet Duramax and Powerchoke are ranked 6th and 5th respectively.

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/general/0607_dp_10_best_used_diesel_engines/index.html

"No particular order". To me, they put the best one first :)

I agree, but like Tom said, no particular order. and like they said, you can send them your list to complain about theirs.
--
-Chris