82 W150 no spark

You're welcome, as Tom would be if he chooses to take the offer.

Traditionally, binaries, if not done to excess, aren't a problem here in this group, so I figured I'd offer the chance for both of you.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

will have all the information that you need on that spark problem. just register and put a post in "vehicle help". include year, model, milage, mods, stuff like that

Theo/stuper

Reply to
Theo

Theo,

'Tis not I with the problem of no spark, its the original poster.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Please don't misinterpret my lack of interest in your latest pissing match with endorsement of your position.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Why not, you seem to jump in just about every other time, just like now.

Reply to
TBone

No . . .it could mean he's tired of correcting you then being on the receiving end of another of your whiney baby rants.

ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!! Tom, are you that desperate to discredit me that you have to fling a simple ADMITTED error back in the discussion? An admitted error does not ruin one's credibility, it increases it, and it jerks the ladder out from under an attacker's credibility.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

You mentioned me by name, Tom.... I don't consider that "jumping in".

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

It isn't "jumping in", Tom.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

I got the truck started today. The actual fix was replacing a bad ECU.

I did not get a start immediately after replacing the bad one...due to my haste. I neglected to remove the little metal retaing nut that was stuck inside the ECU harness off the bad one, so my harness was not seating all the way on the new ECU.

So...that's the end to this soap opera (I hope). I enjoyed the little pissing match I inadvertantly started! Thanks to all who posted suggestions.

Reply to
CordobaMan

Glad things worked out for you.

Funny how those troubleshooting procedures that I posted led you right to the problem that your test results indicated.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Glad things worked out for you.

Funny how those troubleshooting procedures that I posted led you right to the problem that your test results indicated.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Yea, sure it was. Sounds to me like he swapped the part and got lucky but good for him either way.

Reply to
TBone

You're welcome. I'm glad you got it running.

As for the other, it seems, any more, that if I post anything, someone starts a "pissing match" over it.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

If you had as much of a clue about the proper troubleshooting steps as you say, you'd know thats exactly what he did.

Have a nice day.

Reply to
Max Dodge