'87 Dakota side mirrors

Anybody know how to snug up the arm so they don't swing back in the wind? I assume there's a nut under that plastic cowling, but I can't see a way to
get it off without breaking it.
Thanks,
Cricket
I did mine by removing it from the truck (had to remove the door panel to get at the bolts) then the screws that you tighten to increase the tension are exposed by removing 3 screws. A bit of a pain to do but it was worth it!
-Jerry

Aaah! that makes more sense...when I tried to pry the plastic cover off the outside it tried to break...my mechanic vaguely remembered prying *something* off, but inside panel sound like it works better. My mate is in the hospital just now so I won't get a chance to try it for a few days, but I'll post if it worked.
Cricket