91 cummins fuel water seperator drain

Hi guys, The drain on the bottom of my fuel filter drips constantly. Can this be fixed or do I need a new part? If I need a new part what is it called and where can I get it? Thanks in advance........

Reply to
DonStaples

If it's like my 89, maybe you just need to tighten the valve up a little, it seals with an "O" ring.

Reply to
Joseph Myers

Reply to
DonStaples

You say "appears", I would put a length of clear tubing on the drain to see if it actually is coming out of the valve. If it is then there must be something caught in the seat, takeit off and clean and inspect it. I'm thinking maybe it is leaking at the threads and maybe the "O" ring is cut or pinched. In any case, the whole assembly is available at Cummins.

Reply to
Joseph Myers