91 Dodge Ram 50 42rh rwd transmission slip

The transmission went out on my Ram 50 so i had the local shop here put in a new(salvaged) transmission and while it works, it slips from

2nd to 3rd gear. they adjusted the throttle cable all the way out and it helped some but it seems to want to shift to 3rd really early around 15mph weather you are giving a little gas or have it down to the floor. other then that it runs and work great...the shop doesn't want to touch anything else on the transmission for fear that they will mess something up and i will take it out on them.

Any ideas or other adjustments i can try?

Thank You

Reply to
Djinn Rutger

======= ======= ANY???????

you sure ???????

ok .....here goes.....................

you got what you payed for....AND THEN SOME !!!! (the then some.....is the shop attempted to make YOUR used tranny work like a reman one, while not laughing in yer face, or complain'n bout you want'n more than what you paid for....an install...not a "make my used tranny work good install")

anywhoo.......

you should send them some cookies....... or donoughts......... or steak......... or at least walk into the bay in around 4 in the afternoon and proclaim THEM to be gawds of high stature while admitting yer a cheap fk that has yet to learn that you get what you pay for in this world..........but yer still will'n to throw the dice......cuz well....yer stupid....... LIKE THE SHOP MANAGER TOLD YOU !!!!

:)

or..........

pay them to take it out...and put in the "other" used transmission that's covered under that 90 day warranty......for around...let's say

250 dollors plus materials.

:)

fact...not fiction...

~:~ MarshMonster ~tranny tech~ ~sips his crownroyal..takes a toke...rubs a little more polish on HIS.....300 dollor air ratchet.....and wonders.........if you want him to take it out for FREE......lol....no.....yer not that fk'n stupid....~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

I guess that was not the answer i was looking for! but you are right, because i do think i got more then what i paid for, because i didn't pay much! and the old transmission was shot so i would have to disagree and say i am very much better off now, then i was then.

so, are you saying that this transmission is hopeless and not worth messing with? or is there an adjustment? This truck isn't worth much, i just use it to take grass to the dumps and literally have only filled the gas tank up 3 time in over a year, so i don't drive it much. if this is the way it is, then that is fine, but if there is an adjustment i sure would like a straight answer and get it figured out.

Thank you for your comments.

Reply to
Djinn Rutger

======= =======

okay....... well...at least you didn't get mad at me like most do when i chunk sht at em....

so...to reward your not call'n me names..and your seemingly willingness to understand value....

give me a sec, i'll go pull some info for you that MAY..help solve the 2-3 slip (slide?) problem. No gaurantees, but, "may" salvage the tranny "if" that's the ONLY symptom.

brb....don't go nowhere now.

:)

~:~ marsh ~sips his mushroom tea, takes a toke, pours you a crownroyal... heads to his tech files~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

try this......

.

scroll down to your symptom....... and remember, i said "may"..not will. It's a try type thing at this point.

also, ck out the site, you may learn more than you really wanna know.

gl on yer grasshauler, and if the tranny was cheap enough, and that's all you're using it for, then drive it easy and keep your money in your pocket, because at this point it's a "try to cure" type of deal. No gauranteed fix. My diagnosis..."cross leak" in the hydraulic apply...where??....tear it down and find out, it's the only way to be SURE of the prob. fact,not fiction.

m/o

anywhoo....gl

~:~ marshmonster ~pours you one last crownroyal~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Thanks for the info! I knew there was a nice guy under that email somewhere!!! here in the next few weeks i will take a look at that valve. I have the teardown manual for the transmission so hopefull it wont be too bad to get to.

Thanks alot!

Reply to
Djinn Rutger