'92 D-150 starting problem

Hi,
My beloved old truck has been sitting for about three weeks, as I don't usually drive it in the winter. Last time I started it, it fired instantly
and ran smooth. When I went out to start it today, as soon as I turned the key on, I heard a rapid clicking ...like a relay or solenoid going on and off really fast. I also noticed that the check engine light flashes on and off in perfect rythm with the clicking -- maybe about 4 or 5 times per second. I went ahead and tried to start it and the starter engages and cranks the engine over just fine but the engine does not attempt to fire at all.
I haven't looked more closely at it yet as the weather is snowy and windy right now, but I was hoping maybe someone would be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks for any insights
1992 D-150, 5.2L fuel injected, automatic, with about 220k miles
First I hope the weather improves. Second this may be of no help at all. I know that some of the older Dodge trucks have a "start/run" relay on them . Might be something worth checking out. If it were me I'd check for any loose connections or burnt out fusable links. Best way I've found to check fusable links is grab it and see if it stretches. A lot of times you can not visibly see whether or not they're burnt out .