92 dakota not performing

I have a 318, and when there is a little bit of load on the truck it sounds like a old deisel, (pinging). I was told to change my distrib. cap and wires. Just woundering if there is anyone who has had the same
troubles. Thanks

Before you do anything else you might want to try the fix found on this site, it worked for me. http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1998/18-48-98/18-48-98-v8.htm
HTH, Tom

I had a '97 that had a bad plenum gasket. Its a common problem with the 318. Theres a TSB on it.