92 full dodge p/u need help!!

my dads old pickup. he died last june and had been meaning to change plugs,get tune up for over a year.. put new plugs and wires on truck and it ran like new. my nephew drove it to town and on way back home cut out
and died. engine turns over but wont start. installed new coil/distributor, and rotary button so basicly its had a complete tune up. still turns over but wont start. going to put new fuel filter on next..dont think its fuel pump as it is putting fuel thru line. any suggestions are something im missing??? need truck running very bad

beekeep
Pickup coil in the distributor.
Bob AZ

You need both fuel and spark....if fuel is being delivered, then you aren't getting spark.
Have nephew hold end of spark plug wire while you spin the motor. If he doesn't make a sound or remains standing then work backwards on the ignition system which sounds like you've been doing.
Otherwise work backwards on your fuel system.
I'd continue down the ignition system first cause you've covered more ground there. You'd hate to work all the way back to the tank only to find it's fine and then return to the next step in the ignition system to discover it was the problem all along. Also, just smell the carb...if you smell gas...don't fool with the fuel system till you've eliminated the ignition system.
Here's where I add this is why people buy diesels :) No stupid ignition system let alone a quirky fuel system to trouble shoot.
Happy trails,
Randolf
On 28 Apr 2006 12:54:47 -0700, randolf snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

A '92 dodge has a carb?
beekeep

In article
randolf snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Hey assclown... A 1992 Dodge full size pick up doesn't have a carburetor.
Better stick to defrauding shop keepers.

Why would it even matter when you're such an expert at dine and dash?
aarcuda69062 wrote:

lol
~:~ mm ~sips his coffee.....mmm....needs more crownroyal~
thanks for all replys to my post. seems that it was the fuel pump after all. just need a little tweaking to get it right.