92' Power Ram 150

Does anyone know the trans fluid capacity for a 92' Power Ram 150 - 318 C.I.? They said 4 quarts at one place then the other said 3 quarts. Put 4 quarts in it and it just comes up to the tip of the dipstick.
Same when not running and when trans is hot and in neatural with engine running. Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@skybest.com wrote:

What both places were telling you was the "initial fill" that their reference book called for. It sounds like the first place had the right figure. Now that you know how much fluid the initial fill should be it might be a good idea to write it down somewhere.
The initial fill is how much fluid you should put in it before trying to warm it up. You shouldn't try to get the transmission up to operating temperature when it's extremely low on fluid, and you can't check the level unless it's warm. So what do you do? Dump the initial fill amount in it and warm it up. Then, with the engine running and parked on a level surface, run it through all the gear positions, put it in neutral, and top it off as needed. When you think you have the fluid at the right level, drive it for a few days and check it again. I always find them to be a bit low a few days later.
--
Ken

Nosey wrote:

I drove it about 3 miles yesterday to warm up the transmission. Then I put in netural with it running and it just came up to the tip. Going to pick up 2 more quarts at store and add it till full after trans is warm. Then I keep it checked to make sure. Thanks, Brian