94 Dodge Dakota Left Blinker Problem

When I turn on my headlights, the left blinker indicator stays on and solid even when I'm not using the left turn signel. I get the same behavior without the headlights turned on when I use the left turn signal. The actual blinker appears to have the same behavior as the indicator. The right blinker functions properly at all times.

I hope there is a relay somewhere that I can replace. Anybody know where that relay might be?

Does this sound more like an electrical short?

Thanks in advance,

John

Reply to
John

Bruce Porter

Have you checked all of the light bulbs on the left side?

Reply to
Nosey

Thanks guys. I will check those two things tonight. Bruce, by bad ground are you suspecting a loose battery cable or is there something else I should check?

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John

Reply to
Bruce Porter

The reason the light stays on is to let you know something is wrong which you know by now it lets you know you have a bad bulb either front or rear on left side the indacator on dash does not flash because the bulb does not flash hope this helps

Reply to
Professional_Fleet_mechanic