94 ram v6 mag heater

I am not able to get heat from my heater. The book says maybe the heater water valve and how to change it but fails to mention where it is.I know this sounds lame but try as I might I have not been able to
locate it.The book didnt mention removing the heater box for this particular part and I hope to not havt to.hope someone can give me some good news.
Did you check the level coolant in the vehicle? Low coolant level will also result in no heat.