95 dodge dakota 4x4

i have a 95 dodge dakota and two weeks ago i went out to start it and nothing,i did a tune-up new coil,new fuel pump,and still, no spark,and no fuel, the truck came equipped with a viper remote starter / alarm,
hed the truck towed to a local garage and after a week there they brought it back and had no idea,can someone give me an idea whats going on?
first thought is to make sure that the viper alarm's disconnect relay is kicking in like its supposed to to allow power to what ever it disconnects to disable the vehicle. now im not familar with how that particular alarm works (what it disconnects or what else it may tie into) so i couldnt help you any further with that part.
--
-Chris
05 CTD
. . ========bassman wrote:

============ try this.......
http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/47.html
It's a top site with top techs........ cruise the site, do a search of the archives, ask for help........ generally.....go to a pro.
hopefully helpfull
~:~ Marsh Monster ~sips his mushroome tea.....~ ~:~
Marsh Monster wrote:

okay now i am really baffled,i completly disconnected the alarm/remote starter system,and still no power or fuel does anyone have an idea what could be wrong now!

had to cut some wires and splice the alarm into the circut, now that you removed the alarm the wires have to be reconnected. TR
i went over everything and before i disconnected wires i followed them where they reconnect so all the wires are back together as per color code,but still no power?
bassman wrote:

Is the starter completely dead or does it crank but not start? I've installed a few DEI alarms. What model number Viper do you have?
--
Ken

yes the starter turns over fine but the fuel pump does not turn on (newly installed) and i have no spark coming from the coil aslo(new) plugs,cap,rotr,all new,the alarm is a viper 552 model
bassman wrote:

I couldn't find *any* info for a Viper 522. Are you sure that is the model number? The Viper models that I'm familiar with use a heavy gauge relay harness for the remote start. The factory ignition circuit isn't normally bypassed when installing this harness. That way if the remote start circuit fails the vehicle will still start with the key. The starter disable circuit (if installed) only grounds the starter motor, not the ignition so that isn't your problem either. The wiring on the remote start relay harness is only a couple of feet long so it's probably hooked up directly to the ignition switch harness inside the steering column. Remove the steering column trim panel and inspect the wiring there. Make sure the factory dark blue wire and the black wire aren't cut or damaged. Those are the ignition wires. I'm not sure if both of those wires are supposed to be hot during cranking, but if you don't have voltage on at least one of those wires with the key in the crank position, the ignition switch is bad. I hope this helps.
This is a list of what the factory ignition switch harness wire colors /should/ be. Constant 12V+ ~ Pink/Black Starter ~ Yellow Ignition ~ Dark Blue Ignition 2 ~ Black Accessory ~ Black/Orange
--
Ken

Nosey wrote:

still can not get this junk running cna anyone help? Nosey wrote:

bassman wrote:

Did you check for voltage in the ignition switch harness harness yet?
--
Ken