95 Dodge Ram 1500 Automatic Transmission is stuck in neutral.

I have a Dodge Ram 1500 that won't shift out of neutral. Regardless of where the shifter is it just sits there and revs up. I assume it's stuck in neutral because I'm able to tow is on all four wheels.
Is this a common problem with Dodges? If so, do you have any ideas of what it might be. I know at this point it could be a number of things, but I'm hoping one of you know enough about Dodge's history and have an idea of what it could be. I'll have more information to share tomorrow to assist us in the diagnosis. I'm just hoping it's not a completely shot tranny. It was not a slow degradation of the tranny, it just happened immediately. If anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear it. I'll post more info soon.
Thanks for your help, Dale

Not stuck in neutral. A condition known as No Drive or Reverse. (Vehicle will not move)
Possible Causes:
Fluid level low Gearshift Linkage/Cable Loose/Misadjusted U-Joint/Axle/Transfer cae broken Valve Body Malfunction Filter Plugged Oil pump damage Valve body malfunctioned Oil pump damaged Transmission Internal componet damaged Park Sprag not releasing - Checl stall speed, worn/damaged/Stuck Torque Converter Damage
On 25 Apr 2007 13:10:27 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Broken flexplate? Broken input shaft? Broken output shaft? No fluid? Problem actually in transfer case?
Lots of things... start with the simple stuff, (check T-case, check fluid, pull inspection cover and check flexplate), then report back.
FYI: It turned out to be a clogged filter. Looks like it has never been changed. Thanks for the ideas!
On May 15, 12:44 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks for letting us know that you have it fixed and what the casue was.