95 dodge Ram Hesistation

I have a 95 Dodge Ram 5.9 L 360 that hesitates when slowing down, backing up or taking off. It doesn't always do it, but the rpm's dip low enough that it dies sometimes. Also when slowing down the rpm's
dip low enough that it losses enough pressure that it makes my breaks feel like they are going out. It has done this since I have owned it. I have taken it in before to a couple of different shops and they couldn't figure out what it was. I have replaced O2 sensors, the idle speed motor, plugs & wires, and air filter. To me it seems like an air or vaccum problem, but honestly I have no idea, it is just really annoying. Let me know if anyone knows the real solution to the problem.

It is a 1500 and a 4x4.
Bart wrote in message ...

It is a 1500 and a 4x4.
I had an intermittant situation that popped up whenever the summer temps got around 100 degrees. It turned out to be the connections to the computer. It had the problem since the truck was new. Cleaning out the connector didn't help. I had to re-crimp the female pins going to the crank sensor, and eventually ended up re-crimping all of the pins just to be safe. Electrical connectors usually have some kind of spring tension that causes a wiping action as they are inserted. For some reason, Dodge doesn't do that. Being a 95, you have 12 years of weather acting on those connections, so it's something to watch out for.

I will give it a try. Thanks!