96 1500 backup lights

I have a 96 ram 1500 5.2 5speed and the reverse lights dont work, tail lights do but not the reverse lights. Both bulbs are good. What could be the
problem?
Thanks MrBlues

the
Could be the back up light switch in the transmission. On my 92 five speed it's up in the shift tower. Have to remove the boot at the base of the shifter and worry it off and on. A real pain. Ended up using everything I could find to turn it 1/8 of a turn at a time. The switch is the same as the old Chrysler 4 speeds used. It screws in and just has a ball in the end that hits the shift mechanism. You can buy one at any auto parts house.
Al
I wuld check the wiring under the truck bed, esp if you have trailer wiring