96 1500 no fuel being pumped

the self diagnostic code was 1 2 5 5,the fuel pump souds like its working,any other suggestions

12/55 diag code is normal.
if there's no fuel flow either the electrical circuit is open (blown fuse possibly) or the pump is bad or the fuel line is blocked (mashed or pinched). If you have voltage and ground going to the pump and if the tank is near empty it's not too difficult a task to drop the tank and replace the pump & pickup filter. If I went to the trouble of dropping the tank, I would replace the pump and pickup filter no matter what condition the original was found to be in (whether it fixed the problem or not).

Just because you hear it doesn't mean that it is working. A bad regulator, leak in the pickup, leak in the output, or a number of other problems could let you hear it run while it actually isn't pumping anything. Like another poster suggested, I would replace the pump assembly, it is about due anyway and work from there. If you hear it, then it is getting power so that is not your problem and unless the line is completely crimped shut, you should still get pressure when the engine is not running so I doubt that it is either of those problems. Did you have it pressure checked?