96 1500 no fuel being pumped

the self diagnostic code was 1 2 5 5,the fuel pump souds like its working,any other suggestions

Reply to
nightowl1
12/55 diag code is normal.

if there's no fuel flow either the electrical circuit is >the self diagnostic code was 1 2 5 5,the fuel pump souds like its

Reply to
RamMan

Just because you hear it doesn't mean that it is working. A bad regulator, leak in the pickup, leak in the output, or a number of other problems could let you hear it run while it actually isn't pumping anything. Like another poster suggested, I would replace the pump assembly, it is about due anyway and work from there. If you hear it, then it is getting power so that is not your problem and unless the line is completely crimped shut, you should still get pressure when the engine is not running so I doubt that it is either of those problems. Did you have it pressure checked?

Reply to
TBone