'96 1500 trans

I didn't realize I had no first gear in the auto trans., until today. Someone else drove it and suggested I do not have first gear. The truck has driven this way since 2001!.

Is it possible something like linkage or a solenoid or an electrical problem? Also, the overdrive indicator light has not worked since

2001. Can there be a connection between no first gear and no OD light? The tranny does not whine or make any strange sounds.

Thanks, J1

Reply to
J1

The no first gear issue might be a governor pressure sensor/solenoid problem , which seems common.

As to the OD light, its usually off, unless you lock out the OD.

Reply to
Max Dodge