96 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4

Just drove a customers 96 Dodge 4x4 Ram--- I flushed a very dirty coolant system out - three times!! Only 106k miles, and very well maintianed - except the antifreeze!
Replaced all of thecoolant hoses also and flushed heater core. Thermostat also.
BUT -it steers very hard. He just replaced the steering stabilizer, and the shocks, and everything looks good, drives straight - but compared to the 5-6 of these Ive owned - it acts long manual steering!! Ideas?
He also has a noise when turning right, and going to check the front wheel bearings, as Ive had to change most of mine at 80-100k, becuaseof ourfine roads! Ideas?
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Check the u-joints in the front axles. When they get seized up with rust they can cause hard steering. Also check the ball joints.
I greased the upper ball joints- which he has neglected... looks like its been awshile since they were greased-
greased the steering -
I will check the front axle ujoints also with it on the lift.
and the wheel bearings appear to have no movement in them - diagonally -
Goin for a test drive.
I don't know if this applies, but one Dodge product I owned years ago, I changed the fluid in the steering pump. Used a long turkey baster kind of gadget to draw out the old fluid, and poured new in. Seemed to help. I had to turn the wheels left and right a couple times to get the air out.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.