97 5.2 hard starting, not fuel pump

97 5.2 starts fine after sitting all night when its cool outside. However, on a warm night you gotta crank on it for 4 to 10 seconds first thing in the morning.
After it starts, it re-starts with no problem, if its cool. If its warm to hot and it sits for more than an hour, you gotta crank on it some more. Seems to be weather related, if its cool theres no problem, if its hot, you will have some cranking time. If by chance, its the fuel pump, wouldn't it also be hard to start during those cool mornings ?
Thanks

A cheap fuel pressure gauge will answer that question for you
Tom Lawrence wrote:

OK, I put a fuel pressure gauge on it. Just by turning the key I get 38 psi. Start it and it jumps up to 40 psi while running. After about two hours it will bleed down to 4 or 5 psi. Turn the key and it immediately jumps up to 38. Now it seems like it doesn't matter if its warm or cool weather, you have to crank on it 4 to 10 seconds before it will fire up.
I got new plug wires, cap and rotor. Autolite 3923's less than a year old, pulled number 1, looked good. Replaced a temp sensor on right front side of throttle body.
Any ideas ?
Thanks