97 Caravan Door Lock Help

We own a 1997 Dodge, Grand Caravan SE Sport, 3.3L. I am having a problem with the door locks. I do not have a remote door fob for this vehicle, but I suspect it can operate with one. This vehicle has
the factory alarm. When using the key to unlock the doors the locks are hard to turn they jump up and down, some times it takes as much as 5 mins to unlock the door and get it in, Not so bad in the summer , but with the winter coming I could use some help with this problem.
Any suggestions?
Tony
OK, I found out the problem was the BMC , does anyone know what all this controls?