97 Dakota Engine Replacement

I'm finally getting around to fixing my Dakota. Got the 3.9 remanned. As part of this project, should I plan on putting in a new radiator? What about the distributor?
Anything else? Thanks for any replies.
Ken
--
"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." -- Cornelius Tacitus
(55-117 A.D.)

Replacing the radiator is a good idea.
beekeep

Thanks for the reply. I figured it would be a good thing to do.
Ken
NapalmHeart wrote:

New radiator, new heater core and replace all the hoses. While you have it out replace the front seal in the trans if it's an automatic. new distributer IF the original shows a lot of wear. Exhaust manifolds in good shape? Now would be the time to work on them if the bolts/studs are rotted. Clean and paint the firewall?
--
Steve W.

Thanks for the response, Steve. The heater core is only a few years old and a real problem to get to, so I think I'll get by with the old one. The rest sounds good.
Ken
Some places can clean and refurb your radiators cheaper. I dunno with plastic like we have now, but I would check into it if there is a shop nearby. I always had them "boil" -clean radiators in the past when changing out motors few years back, but times have changed so who knows nowdays.

Another question. Do I need to get the factory exhaust manifold hardware and heat shield things?
Thanks,
Ken