'97 Dakota - Tranny vent?

Anyone know where the vent is located on the 44RE tranny on the 1997 Dakota. I know it has one, because the Haynes service manual mentions it, but it
does not tell where it is located. If it is pretty easy to get to I would like to run a hose from it to somewhere up under the hood in case it is ever under water.
Barry Guidry New Jersey 1997 Dodge Dakota Sport 3.9L V6

There is no external vent fitting that will accept a hose, the vent is just an opening in the front pump casting in the bellhousing area.