97 dodge

I have a 97 dodge truck with a 5.9 liter engine and am looking for ways of getting better fuel economy - I have heard of but can not locate a computer
chip that can increase the mileage of the truck.
Could anyone point me in the right direct as well as provide any other insites other than tire pressure - AC on or off - engine tune up
Thanks

Steve:
When I had my '96 with a 5.9, keeping my foot out of the pedal and a cold air intake seemed to help...Though I'm sure just a better filter would do you some good. If I remember right, the cold air intake only gave me about 2MPG, but it was enough to notice on a long trip.
-chris