97 Dodge Dakota 4x4 Front Axle ID

I am trying to ID which front axle assembly I have in my 97 Dodge Dakota 4x4. It is a 10-bolt cover and looks octagon in shape. I know it is a 3.55 ratio
and the Tag on it has the following: 39-11 3 55 On the right axle tube is the following: 2 47064 That is the only ID info I could find on it. Looking around the net I have seen 2 that could be the unit. One is a Dana 35 IFS w/cv axle shafts RG Dia 7.56" And the other is 8 1/4" Chrysler w/cv axle shafts Maybe the 2 are interchangeable in the Dakota, I would think the Dana would be a better replacemment, but I noticed the smaller ring gear which may be a weaker unit. The one in the truck that I pulled out is broken in 3 places from the previous owner. I pulled the engine to rebuild it and that is when I noticed the front axle was shot. I am going to rebuild the motor with stock components, but due to oil pressure problems with the pressure I was going to replace the pump with a high volume version. The specs say it delivers 20 -- 25% more volume than the stock pump which I think would be better to have in the long run. While I was looking at pumps, there was a high volume, high pressure pump listed as well. What do you guys think about the high volume/high pressure pump as a replacement? I was thinking it might be a problem with developing leaks down the road due to higher pressure. I just want to keep the pressure up as the engine gets up in mileage. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Dave

I would pick the 8.25 over the D35. Neither one is real strong but I would place the 8.25 above it and a D44 above the 8.25. Though not a real strong axle, I would not classify a 8.25 as a weak design. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Yea, I agree. The main thing is to get a used front axle that will bolt
Right up to the stock mounts. I need to ID the unit so I can look for a
Match in the salvage yards.

It's a Dana 35. Here's a document from a locker manufacturer: http://www.powertrax.com/dodgetrucklr.pdf
Thankyou very much Tom!

Tom, Tom he's your man, if he can't help you Snoman can!!!

Yeah, we've all seen his type of "help" before. I wouldn't wish that on... well, maybe one or two people - but not very many. Did you notice how he didn't even bother to answer the question, rather just spout off more of his unsolicited "opinions".
Which defense do you think he'll choose? Troll? Inmature? I can hardly wait to find out...

people are paying attention to the Idiot he ignores.