98 Caravan shift indicator

The indicator on my van is slightly off. It will be between Drive and

2nd to engage in gear. How do I adjust the linkage to correct this? Bought it used like this. Not sure how it passed inspection. I suppose since the same dealer that sold it also inspected it.

Thanks in adavance! Shane

Reply to
Shane

Some use just a small wire up to the indicator. Others use a simple lever. It is one item that is not on the inspection list anyway.

To adjust it you will need to drop the underdash trim panel, then look above the column for the linkage to the indicator. Some you adjust by loosening a screw through a clip. Others you just bend the tab to center the indicator.

Reply to
Steve W.

I will give that a shot. Thanks!

Reply to