98 Dodge Dakota auto tranny slips at startup

I have a 98 Dodge Dakota with auto w/overdrive tranny wth 80000 miles. Flushed by dealership 5k miles ago.
Has started to not pull for a couple of seconds immediately after startup
if it has been sitting for more than a 3 or 4 days without being started. The engine just revs up and then finally it will start to roll then takes off normally.
After it finally takes off all is fine no slippage whatsoever.
Could it be the torque converter bleeding off or something similar?
What can I do to fix this problem?

"Philip Mc" <waltham41(AT)hotmail.com> wrote in message

Yes, the converter is draining when it sits. The design of the transmission doesn't allow the converter to refill rapidly in Park so it's a good idea to make the first start of the day in Neutral. In Neutral the converter will refill in a matter of seconds.
My 1987 does this. It's an old phone company van, and then was used by a landlord who ran it hard, and didn't maintain it.
Every time I get near the transmission shop, it's a thousand bucks. So I just live with it.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

when was the tranny's filter last changed?
"Philip Mc" <waltham41(AT)hotmail.com> wrote in message

I honestly dont know, but we have only put 4K miles on it in the last 2 years since the dealer flushed it. Think changing the filter may help?

"Philip Mc" <waltham41(AT)hotmail.com> wrote in message

Is there a TSB? I've owned a '91, '97 and now an '03 Dakota 4wd rigs and never experienced this problem.