98 dodge dakpta

was driving home started to pull into driveway and truck died.Everything died could not even turn on flashers. Any suggestions

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 23:34:42 -0500, "tophersmom"

since there was no battery power left and no altenator the engine died..... Sounds like it to me at least....
tophersmom wrote:

Check the battery cables for corrosion. Clean or replace the cables and clean the contacts on the battery.
Bob
I had similar problem, popped the hood, hey big gunk on my battery terminals, took off negative then positive, brushed it. Truck started with no problem.
Bob M wrote:

Check your battery connections and battery voltage while you are at it.
"tophersmom" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message
On my Dad's old Imperial (probably early seventies model) there was three or four wires coming off the positive side of the batery. One had a snap off "bullet" connector about three inches from the battery. When this connector got dirty, the entire land tank of a vehicle would totally die.
I suggest lift the hood, and look for connectors near the positive battery terminal. Separate them, clean em as best you can with sand screen, dose em with WD-40. Put em back together and see if your buggy restarts.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.