98 Dodge ram input shaft bearing

What I thougt might be the throw out bearing was actually the input shaft bearing on my 98 ram 4x4. Does anyone know of where I can order just the input shaft bearing instead of buying the complete rebuild kit? I have done
a few searches but havent really produced anything. The local tranny shops will only sell the complete kit wich runs anywhere from $180 to $250 depending on who I call. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Which trans do you have, NV3500 or NV4500?
Do some research online, I'd bet someplace has just the bearing. BUt I'd also take a look and see what all you need, since a bad bearing means metal through the trans.
--
Max

It has the NV2500 tranny, There were some fine shavings in the tranny oil after I drained it, I also flushed it out and it seems as if everything else is in good shape.
Max Dodge wrote:

Are you sure about the trans ID?
--
Max

No such beast. You may have a Ram 2500, in which case you have an NV4500 transmission. If you have a Ram 1500 (1/2 ton), then you have an NV3500. These were the only two manual transmissions used in '98, regardless of truck configuration.
http://www.quad4x4.com/index.html
Laszlo Almasi