98 Dodge Ram w/code 0720

I have a 98 1500 1/2 ton 2wd with the 5.9L 360ci My check engine light came on last week and I pulled up code 0720. According to my manual and the code reader it is a
"output speed sensor circuit malfuntion". Where would be a good starting point to find my problem. The book says theres a sensor above the harmonic balance but then states its on a diesel? Thanks, Lost and needing help
Just replace the output speed sensor. It's a common problem. Take ya 5 minutes. It's threaded into the side of the transmission, I believe on the driver's side. You'll need a 1" wrench.

"" wrote: > Just replace the output speed sensor. It's a common problem. > Take ya 5 > minutes. It's threaded into the side of the transmission, I > believe on the > driver's side. You'll need a 1" wrench. >
> > > I have a 98 1500 1/2 ton 2wd with the 5.9L 360ci > > My check engine light came on last week and I > > pulled up code 0720. According to my manual and the code > reader it is a > > "output speed sensor circuit malfuntion". Where would be a > good starting > > point to find my problem. The book says theres a sensor > above the harmonic > > balance but then states its on a diesel? > > Thanks, > > Lost and needing help > > > > > >
I have the same code in my 98 dodge. Thank you for the information about finding the sensor. How do you reset the computer? I was reading in the Hayes repair manual that on 98 models and later that you can not disconect the battery terminal to reset the computer? Please advise.