98 Ram flywheel rubbing

Starting hearing a metal pinging noise under my Ram (5.2L, 4x4) when I would pull out and under load. Pulled starter and inspection plate off tranny. Found that the flywheel bolts are rubbing inspection plate. Saw
the flywheel move towards block when truck was revved. Is flexplate going bad? Have to drop tranny to replace and is that a hard job or time consuming?
Thanks

More likely the thrust main bearing in the engine is worn and allowing the crankshaft to move back and forth.
The center (#3) main bearing has the thrust surface and can sometimes be replaced when worn but often it digs a groove in the crankshaft thrust surface which requires engine removal to repair.