99 1500 2wd auto tranny going

My tranny is going, overdrive is gone and I get slippage from 2-3. I've changed the fluid and filter to see if that helps, but nothing.
I'm thinking of finding a used tranny. I don't have the money for new
one. Is there any chance that a later model tranny will fit on a 99 Dodge?
Also were is the tranny model located? There seems to be several trannys for this vehicle.
Specs 99 Doadge Ram 1500 5.9L 2wd Automatic trans w/overdrive
Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@trumbower.com wrote:

Check this out: http://www.dodgeram.org/tech/transmission/4xre.htm