99 Dakota: Replacing wheel hubs

Hi all,

I've been hearing a moaning/rubbing noise coming from my front, driver-side wheel. I took it to a shop, and they said the wheel bearing is bad. They wanted $500 to replace it ($380 for the part, $120 for the labor)... At that price, I'll do it myself (the part is $200 at Napa).

Anyway, looking at images of the part, it doesn't look like too complicated of a procedure. The truck is a '99 Dakota Sport, 4x4, with rear wheel ABS (not four-wheel). Can someone post an outline of how to replace this part? Most helpful would be mention of additional parts (apparently there's a nylock nut that has to be replaced, too?), torque settings, etc.

Thanks!

-Adam

Reply to
astews