99 Dodge Dakota

I have a 1999 Dodge Dakota 4 X 4 V6 that is killing me in gas. Is it possible to change rims and tires to be more fuel efficient and what is the minimum size or most efficient size I can install.
Thanks
Best regards, snipped-for-privacy@bankarea.com snipped-for-privacy@bankarea.com http://www.bankarea.com
snipped-for-privacy@balcanicsoft.com wrote:

Yes, you can. Light weight 16" wheels, tall skinny tires with a highway tread will be more efficient. But not that much. You'll spend $1200-1500 on this if you can find a good deal. You'll gain 2-3 mpg (depending on what you have now). Do the math and see how many miles it takes to break even.
--
.boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged Stolen 11/26/05 in Denver