99 Dodge Ram 3500-Leaking Oil From Blow By Vent Valve

Page 1 of 3
I have a 99 dodge ram 3500, and it has just started leaking oil from the blow by vent valve. Any ideas on what to do?
Thank you!
Melody

Either you have a bad or plugged PCV valve or excessive blowby from engine wear or stuck piston rings ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Snohead is wrong on both counts, as usual. Oil dripping from the catch bottle on the vent tube is fairly normal.
--
Max

I would expect such a comment from someone with such a fat head. Excessive crankcase pressure causes oil mist to be blown out vents. You may consider it normal but it is not unless you consider excessive blow by or crankcase pressure normal. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Watch it Max or his girl/boy friend will start calling you a liar, following you from post to post, group to group if you continue to piss in Snotard Cheerio's! (even if he is wrong and/or making such remarks out his vile hatred for oil burners)

I would expect such a reply from one with so little knowledge..... your turn.

Well, until the PCV system was invented, crankcase pressure WAS in fact, normal on all engines. My Cummins has had this since new, as have many others, judging by the inquiries regarding oil smell on start up after a fresh oil change.
IOW, you are full of shit again. Nothing new there.
--
Max

OH BULLSHIT!!!
Read up on a Cummins will ya before ya open your friggin' mouth.

PCV valve??
On Wed, 23 May 2007 17:29:21 -0400, Roy wrote:

you have to excuse him (SnoMan) Roy, he believes that its a gasser..since that is the only thing he would have ever bought.
Chris
05 CTD

I figured he was about to tell her to replace the engine. That's what he told the last girl with a problem. Yup, he was wrong there too

PCV.... on a diesel.... now THAT'S funny.
Tell me - what do you think would happen if you introduced crankcase vapors - oil mist - to the intake of a running diesel?
The whole purpose of the vent tube IS to ventilate the crankcase. Up until '00, the crankcase was simply vented to the atmosphere. Then DC added a catch bottle, to be emptied at each oil change. The HPCR version of the ISB saw the introduction of a crankcase breather system, which attempts to return the oil to the crankcase, while still venting the case to the outside. This works better, but still isn't 100%.
In other words, as others here who actually OWN, OPERATE, and MAINTAIN these exact engines tried to tell you, it's normal operation.
Remember our discussion from last week? You're doing it again...
On May 23, 9:44 pm, "Tom Lawrence"

Now, Now, Tom. Apparently it is acceptable for him to spout off incorrect and bogus information. Haven't you been following along with the "lessons" the new group netnanny, a.ak.a Reststop Ricky has been spouting off? Shame Shame. <g>

What I want to know is, what told you it's a diesel? All "99 dodge ram 3500" are?

punkin, Tom doesn't want a child clinging to him. He's got a good record here, he's honest, and he's able to both agree, and disagree, with SnoMan as he sees appropriate.
--
This explains it ALL!!! He was home schooled and his mommy
made his GES diploma for him out of needle point, to go

The OP !!

Well Idiot, we are waiting
Skippy:

Here's all I see from the OP: _______________ I have a 99 dodge ram 3500, and it has just started leaking oil from the blow by vent valve. Any ideas on what to do?
Thank you!
Melody _______________
--
This explains it ALL!!! He was home schooled and his mommy
made his GES diploma for him out of needle point, to go
Given that only the Cummins trucks have a vent, and that the gasoline engines haven't got a vent, but a POSITIVE CRANKCASE VENTILATION system, its Reasonable to assume that the OP has a diesel.
Since the PCV system won't leak oil externally....... but you and snohead knew that, right?
--
Max

Careful next you'll be a liar too!
Max Dodge wrote:

That's the absurd thing about this thread. The OP gave almost nothing to go on:
"I have a 99 dodge ram 3500, and it has just started leaking oil from the blow by vent valve."
"Vent valve" doesn't describe a tube. Not knowing the diesel, you can't know that this engine is one.

I don't know that it "won't"
--
This explains it ALL!!! He was home schooled and his mommy
made his GES diploma for him out of needle point, to go
CROTCH CANNIBAL polesmoker@restarea wrote in message

Looks like it gave a bunch of us enough info. What is absurd is the Idiot doing his usual.

Now do you see the ongoing problem with your idol? He dosen't know, yet he comes up with these long winded bs answer's that do not have a thing to do with the problem or question. Note that he has yet to respond to a couple of questions posed to him in the thread.

But a lot of us do. See you learned something. Perhaps if ya knock of your bs you might learn more.
Skippy:

"A bunch of us" More people own gassers than diesels, and it wasn't enough. They just got a lesson here, better not risk making a mistake in a.a.d.t.

I see an ongoing game with SnoMan - swat him down. Trying to cleanse the group of a conspicuous SnoMan just filters out other people that you don't see. I think group is shittier than it used to be. I've been reading it for 5-6 years.

No, I wouldn't.