99 Dodge Ram 3500-Leaking Oil From Blow By Vent Valve

Page 3 of 3

Here's the deal Sheryl,
you are not very bright.
Sadly, you have no "blow by vent valve". What you have is what all Cummins of that model have: a catch bottle at the bottom of the vent tube on the gear cover at the front of the engine.
It leaks, because at some point, it gets full. So, you can either empty it, or live with it.
--
Max

Max Dodge wrote:

My '99 didn't come from the factory with a bottle, just the tube hanging down. I put an oil breather tank from Summit Racing on it. Cummins now offers a Fleetguard enviroguard breather system for ISBs. http://www.cumminsfiltration.com/en/products/en_prod_inn_enviroguard.shtml
--
Ken

> "brinsfieldma" <u34459@uwe> wrote in message news:729cfae5df91f@uwe...

Thank you so much. We will try this first. I really do appreciate everyone that has answered this question. We have just about rebuilt this truck from the ground up. Thank you again! Melody Roy wrote:

Yeah, I think the 2000's were the first that actually had a bottle.
--
Max

Ya have to reach it??
--