99 Durango w/ABS - Brake Flush Sequence

Hi There,

Long time, never have flushed (yeah, I know I waited too long!)... I just got one of the Motive Products flushers, and need to know what the sequence is for flushing the brake fluid on an ABS-equipped D.

I'm not a brake guru, so I need some pointers on locations for the combination valve, rear and front anti-lock valve bleed screws. (a web location that has this would be nice).

Lastly, what old fluid (if any) is left in the system? Are there any channels within the ABS unit that might not get flushed? I'm thinking there might be some fluid located in the unit, that, unless you "exercise" the ABS, you won't get it out. In other words, after flushing, do I need to go out and do some heavy stops to get the new fluid in the ABS unit? This is sort of like the classic "drop the pan" situation on an automatic transmission; the torque converter still has old fluid in it until you fire up...

(Sorry to be so long-winded)...

TIA, Kevin

Reply to
kreynolds