'99 Ram 5.9L intake manifold gasket replacement - catastrofic failure prevention

I've been advised that the 5.9L engine can suffer a catastrofic failure of the intake manifold gasket around 100K miles because when it fails it will
suck all the oil out of the engine in a very short time (only a few minutes). It's apparently related to the intake manifold bolts stretching and the guy at my dealer's parts department knew about it (don't know if there was a TSB). Therefore, I am in the middle of replacing the gaskets but found an unadressed step in the Dodge service manual.
The Dodge factory service manual fails to mention that in order to pull the throttle body assembly I must either remove the fuel rails from the intake manifold and set them aside or remove the fuel inlet line which requires a special tool (I found the Snap-on part number in a different chapter of the manual).
Which is the best way to perform this repair assuming I will keep the vehicle for another 100K miles? 1) Buy the special tool to remove the fuel feed from the fuel rail. 2) Remove the fuel rails from the intake manifold and replace any O-rings etc that may be required.

Go down to your local auto parts store, and buy the Lisle 6-piece quick-disconnect set. It'll cost about $8. The 5/16" should be the one to use (but buy the whole set, because it's cheap, and you may need the other sizes for something else some day). They look like this:
http://www.shop.com/op/~Air_Conditioning_and_Fuel_Line_Disconnect_Tool_Set-prod-22116458
Be sure to relieve the fuel pressure in the rail first - if you don't have a fuel pressure gauge (that has a bleed feature), just pull the fuse for the fuel pump, and run the engine until it quits.
Thanks. For that price I'll gladly buy it.

http://www.shop.com/op/~Air_Conditioning_and_Fuel_Line_Disconnect_Tool_Set-prod-22116458
Bought a set today and had the manifold off about 5 minutes later (including the drive home). The 5/16" was the correct size. But it cost $12, sheesh! Lately the "special" drawer in the automotive tool chest keeps attracting more tools. I may have to rethink its organization.
Anyway, thanks again, you made this repair easier (and probably less expensive) just by spending a few bucks.

http://www.shop.com/op/~Air_Conditioning_and_Fuel_Line_Disconnect_Tool_Set-prod-22116458
Never heard of that being the result....however, we all have heard of the the intake plenum cover failing and allowing oil to be pulled into the intake however. Look here, get this and I think you'll be happy.
http://www.hughesengines.com/partDetail.asp?partID 698
Laszlo Almasi
Oh...and it won't happen in a few minutes....more like you'll notice oil consumption between changes.
Laszlo Almasi
Yes, it is the intake plenum not the mainfold gasket as I originally stated. Furthermore, I was told that Dodge fixed it with the new plenum gasket and bolts I bought from the dealer. Should I get this new plate anyway? As long as I'm this far into it, I could wait another week or so in order to have a more secure fix.

Yes...use the new kit. When you get it and install it, you'll want to shoot yourself in the foot for not getting it sooner. Forget the dealer fix. Also, spring for the thermostat they offer as well...since you're in there anyway.
Laszlo Almasi
Will do. Thanks for the link. Looks like I won't drive this truck for another week or so - I'm sure glad it's only used for camping and we're not going anywhere this weekend.