a.a.dodge.trucks statistics

Someone in another newsgroup posted that group's results from this site, thought I'd see what I got for this ng:

I thought it was bad I was in the top 40 for the other ng. I can't believe I'm in the top 15 on this ng. Didn't think I posted much here...

Anyway, happy holidays to everybody!

jmc

Reply to
jmc

I didn't even make the top forty posters . . . .but look where T-bone is . . . .

Budd

jmc wrote:

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Hell, if ya ask him, he doesn't post anywhere near as much as you, or I, or anyone he happens to be trying to be somehow better than. He has about 33% more posts than TomL, wanna bet he didn't give out even 33% of the info TomL did?

Reply to
Max Dodge

Hard to believe I made the top ten!

Merry Christmas Budd.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

If they broke it down a little more Tom would be in the 99% percent of usefull information posted here.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Back in the days of the old C.B. radios we had a term for that . . .but I'll just call it "ratchet jawing".

VBG

Same to you and yours, Greg.

Built any new bikes lately? Send me some pics and I try and get some of the Cushman back at ya. Google doesn't allow posting pics

Budd (aka. Da Canon City Boogieman)

beekeep wrote:

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Now, I would have only said about 97.879% , but that because I would want to give a good guy a big head just before Christmas.

Budd

beekeep wrote:

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Let's see, that would require 34% more knowledge and accuracy, minimum, but he's too busy telling me how to be a Christian right now.

Budd

Max Dodge wrote:

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Yea, I'm #2 and look who is at #1.

Reply to
TBone

Actually the bikes have been on the back burner for awhile. I put a bee box making machine online last december and it has under gone quite a few mods over the past year. I think that I am just about done working out all the problems. Pictures of the machine can be seen here:

It's been a real fun project. 'never really worked with pnematics before so it was quite a challenge. I couldn't use 120 VAC as it is run by the Amish. It has a battery pack built into the cabinate 24vdc (2 lawn mower batteries) just for the controls. Now I'm thinking about building a bandmill.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Ooops, that was the number of days active that Tom L is #1 on. It looks like I'm the king, LOL!

Reply to
TBone

If I read it right, you are #1 in number of posts

Reply to
Matthew Warren

Shows how closely you look at statistics......check the column with total number of posts, not number of days posting. Sure, TomL is posting more days of the year, but you are flat out kicking everyone's ass in sheer number of posts.

But thats no surprise. Well, maybe not to anyone but you.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Where's the big knife switch that engages everything, with you holding onto the handle and laughing maniacally as you pull it down? :)

What model Miller is that in the background?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

(notice how I'm keeping my mouth shut?) :^)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Merry Christmas to you also, jmc! Now if the stats would only show the wheat/chaff ratio..... THAT would be illuminating.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Uh,oh . . Now ya got an old millwright's curiosity up.

I spent a little time building production machinery for a muffler factory in IN and I developed a likimng for "homebrew" equipment. That looks very professional, Greg, now if I could just see it in action . . .

Amish run the power company?

It's good you went with 24 Volt as you get more pull out a same size solenoid. Did you look into fluidic air controls? Essentially, a small portion of your air supply is bled off to a control circuit that takes the place of the pilot voltage on the controls. They make limit and position controls as well as the normal pressure / volume controls and piloted valves.

Apply air pressure and you're off and running. Arvins, the factory I worked for, back in the 70's, used then to handle the delicate substrates for cat converters.

The key to working with air is to never forget it's compressible ( there's always a delay between pressure appication and the movement of cylinders. Important for timed operations) and that compessed air follows laws similar to Ohm's Law ( Lohm's Law) in that you need to figure out flow rates (current), pressures (voltages), and flow requirements (amperage).

Email me with ideas and we'll brainstorm them. I needed a small wood lathe once so I built one out of bicycle parts, a fan motor and a few 2 X 4's. Made some pretty nice turnings with it and some turning tools ground out of old files.

Merry Christmas

Budd

beekeep wrote:

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Merry Christmas, Tom

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

It's a little 185 millermatic. It's small but so far it has done everything that I wanted it to do.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Suddenly, without warning, Mike Simmons exclaimed (20-Dec-05 9:47 AM):

Yea, but who decides which is which? No contest, probably, since chaff breeds posts a heck of a lot faster than wheat. Bet if you looked at the list of longest threads, they'll all have flamewars in 'em.

jmc, still waiting for supposedly the coldest English winter in a decade (it was nearly 50 today)

Reply to
jmc