A bit of Regular mixed with Diesel... Problems?

Page 2 of 2
I was *hoping* someone would ask what that meant... :-)

I'll admit, I have no clue what that means. Perhaps some more detail?
I've got three years of college, and an AAS degree. Chemistry was one of my favorite classes, so I'm interested in what you meant.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Well, not exactly. Octane and Cetane are not truly substances found in gasoline or diesel fuel. Rather, the octane number (ON) or cetane number (CN) are index numbers used to specify the resistance of the fuel to knocking in an engine as it pertains to octane, or the igntion quality of diesel fuel as it pertains to cetane.
The system was derived by ASTM (American Society of Testing and Materials) to qualitatively specify the properties of these fuels
Hope this helps!
Mike

Well yes. The more gasoline you add to diesel, the more the cetane level drops. And vis a versa

I "guess" we are referring to the same thing although your post didn't make that clear to me when I first read it.. You said diesel "has" cetane while gasoline "has" octane and that they are "products" which implied that they are truly substances within the fuel. They are not, they are ratings.
Mike