A/C Fogging

My 99 Durango has started 'fogging' from the interior vents. When the A/C is on, it blows a THICK fog out of all vents. It is so thick you have to open the windows to see. If I move the temp control to warmer, it immediately stops fogging. I am leaning towards either a plugged drain ( I can't find the drain ), or a leaking heater core. The fog has a pronounced oily feel and a slight anti-freeze odor. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any info.

Reply to
willobi

Heater core. Roy

Reply to
Roy

Wouldn't a failed heater core also include the smell of anti-freeze in that fog?

Reply to
TBone

He said there was a slight odor and an oily feel. I can't think of any other thing that would do that. I think I'd loop the heater hoses and do a pressure test on the core before ripping into it.

Reply to
Nosey

I've had 'em go bad enough to make the windows totally fogged, everything greasy, and for some weird reason there was very little antifreeze smell...much less than when I've just had a leaked that dripped down and soaked the carpets. No clue as to why the difference, unless that quantitiy of airborn antifreeze burns out your ability to smell it right away.

Cricket

Reply to
Cricket

Oops, I seemed to have missed the last sentence, my mistake.

Reply to
TBone