A public apology

With deep regrets, I must announce the demise of my 87 Dodge Van. And now I must publically and humbly ask forgiveness of the group.
I replaced it by purchasing a <sob> Chev.... can't type it. I'm
so sorry.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Whew. At the moment, my two road vehicles are Chevrolet.
I've owned three or four Dodge. And three or four Chevrolets. Overall, the Dodge were a lot less dependable. Worth noting, the Dodges were all the old 6 and 8 cylinder, 225 and 318. None of them were fuel injected, and all were electronic ignition.
The Chevrolets were carb models (70 Nova, 84 Chevette, 86 S-10 pickup). One throttle port, the blue Blazer. And the new van, I don't even know if it's FI, TPI, or carb. I've got to get a repair book. what I do know, the new(er) van starts right up, without touching the gas pedal.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Chev??????? GET A ROPE!

<runs and h ides under t he bed>
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Well, at least it wasn't a f... fff..ooo....
Darn, I can't say it either. Heck, I'm guilty, my first car was a Chevy 'vette...
:)
(chevette. 1976. Last seen, still on the road, in 1996.)
jmc
jmc wrote:

Mine was a 74 Vega. Very comfortable car to drive but a POS. Easy to work on though. And boy did I have to work on it.
Bob
I didn't know anyone who had a Vega. Rather plain car, to look at it. If memory serves.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

jmc
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Sorry to hear but if you ever need it towed just let someone here know and I'm sure they'll help you out.
I'll do that.
My Dodge van, I found out it would do 67 MPH backwards. When it was hooked to a Ford tow truck.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

;^)
Mike
Hey, at least it's 'Merican!
I think it's a Detroit vehicle.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Better a Chevy Van than a Sprinter.
Thanks.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.
On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 21:53:35 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Don't feel so bad. I just bought a Toyota Tacoma to replace my Dakota.
Really liked my Dakota, but the times they are a changin. Before I did that, I put every truck on a spreadsheet with tow capacities, gross combined capacities, manufacturers MPG ratings, and actual fuel test ratings.
Tacoma won, not even close.
Why couldn't Dodge improve the Dakota to get reasonable mileage with reasonable tow capacity? I would have gone there again if that had been so. With the dakota you have to decide between very good tow capacity (with the V8) or reasonable fuel economy, with the 3.7L six. But you can't have both.
So the Dakota, sadly, is for sale.