accident report

Page 2 of 10

Yes, I did - because the way it was worded ("the accident occurred where the driveway meets the street, and it's determined that he was running an estimated 35MPH") sounded like it was determined to be a 35MPH impact.

No - I changed my tune (if you want to call it that) when Nate clarified that the HP officer stated (on a phone call - meaning he had time to do some analysis) the initial speed was estimated at 30-35MPH based on the load of the truck and the length of the skid marks. My problem with T-Bone was his statements to the effect of, "you can't place blame on the other driver, because you weren't there, so you don't know what happened". Unless Nate's lying about the details of the accident location (highly unlikely), or lying about the statements the Highway Patrol made to him (again, pretty unlikely), it's hard to imagine a scenario where the other driver ISN'T at fault.

As have I. But - have you ever pulled into oncoming traffic from a parking lot at 30+ MPH? That's the part that categorizes the other driver as a "moron". Add in the part about the fully loaded horse trailer, and it's even more puzzling why a reckless (let alone careless) driving citation wasn't issued. Putting myself in that situation, I can't imagine a scenario where I don't pull to the end of the driveway, and either come to a stop, or at least a creep, look, and then pull out. Even if I don't see the oncoming truck, no WAY am I pulling out onto the road fast enough to impact the side of the truck that much.
Nate - can you take some pics of the area that this happened (if you haven't already?)
Tom Lawrence wrote: >

No I haven't and common sense tells you that wouldn't be a easy thing to do coming out of a parking lot making a 90 degree turn pulling a horse trailer..... and if he hit her broadside he never even got into the turn.......think about it.

If it were true.... but my experience is people with horses, assuming he had any aboard are very cautious in how they turn and brake and even when there are no animals aboard they seem to drive in the same manner with their trailer. There is to much missing from this story to make a judgment like this.

Maybe because it was not the situation as described and no I'm not calling Nate a liar but he could have his information all turned around. You know the Police officer could have been flat wrong. Just how long do you think skid marks would be with the 20,000 pound total weight at 35 mph you mentioned? I'd say a good 50-60 feet and to me that would mean he skidded all the way across the highway into the parking lot across the street before making contact, unless of course the trailer had brakes, locked up and over lapped the truck marks??. Come on Tom, use some logical thinking here.

Me either which leads me to think he probable never braked at all until just before impact which would result is the damage that resulted because of the force from the weight of his vehicle and load. It still places the fault with the driver of the other vehicle but a moron it does not make without better information. Most states believe it or not usually have a speed limit of 10 mph in parking lots and certain residential zones where there are children, at least the one's I've lived in so why wasn't he issued a citation for speeding......maybe because he wasn't going that fast?
Jerry

not a 90 degree turn at all. there is a one way driveway coming in, and and a one way driveway going out, both are angled. if it will make a difference i can go take a picture of the driveways.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Thought you said she (your wife) was on the street and the other driver was coming out of a parking lot. Doesn't he have to turn left or right? If it was a angled collision then it could be even easier for the truck and trailer not to see on coming traffic properly or make a misjudgment in speed and flow, especially if he was under the impression your wife was getting ready to enter the parking lot. Sounds like it was what it probable is...... a accident.
Jerry

Yup, sounds like it was an accident, it was the other guy's fault, and that Nate has legitimate concerns.
Just keep proving me correct Jerry, its amusing that way. Even more interesting that the people you attacked in your rant can both justify what they were saying, but you won't rebut the argument. You just whine about how much you think we post, and why you think we post.
Better check which end of that chain you are on.
--
Max

yes, but its not a 90 degree turn.

sorry, i dont buy it. every day hundreds of people use that same driveway and they have the sense to know when to stop. it doesnt matte anyway, youre still supposed to stop when traffic is coming.

well i know he didnt do it on purpose, but it was still due to his negligence. an "accident" to me is swerving to miss a dog and hitting another car. choosing not to stop before exiting a parking lot onto a very busy city street is negligent at best.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Bullshit......... the local WalMart where I live has no stop sign or a painted stop on the pavement at their exit before the street and I exit there all the time without stopping first. Why should I.... there is a clear view of traffic at least a 100 feet in both direction before even getting to the exit and that view is 500-600 feet on both sides of the road. So if there is no traffic for several hundred feet on the road before the exit why should anyone stop. I doubt there is a single person around this NG that has never done the same thing. It doesn't really matter Nate and like I said before I understand your frustration and right to be mad because your truck has been wrecked but you're picking at straws now.
Jerry

read what i said again. i said choosing not to stop before exiting a parking lot onto a VERY BUSY city street. if nothing is coming there is no reason to stop, but this street in question is very busy. its the only street in and out of a residential area with thousands of residents. my wife said there were cars directly in front of her and directly behind her. its wasnt an issue of would he hit a car, so much as which car would he hit. now i wasnt there to see this, but i trust fully in what my wife tells me. this is an issue of negligence at best.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Then we will just have to disagree Nate. There are times when a slow roll towards a exit and then merging into the flow of traffic is safer than trying to build up speed from a dead stop. If you have ever done a lot of driving in California then you would know that is the only safe way to move into traffic out there. That doesn't mean you never stop but it is not always necessary. I wasn't there and your description of what happened will never be crystal clear to me or anyone except to yourself. Thats just the nature of the beast when trying to explain something in words that you have visioned in your mind. Just like I did and most likely everyone else after being involved in a accident you are going to fume about it right up to the day you get your truck back from the shop. After that it will just be a memory.

Jeez, yer gonna let Nate do what he thinks is necessary?? Wow, thats truly generous of you.

I'm betting one of those times isn't while the sun is in your eyes and an 7500# truck is sitting in front of you.

Yup, but Nate is in Montana.
See, not the same:
M-O-N-T-A-N-A C-A-L-I-F-O-R-N-I-A

I'll bet its necessary when a 7500# truck is sitting in your way and the sun is in your eyes......

Damn, you either? I thought from some of the responses, yours included, that you all knew better than Nate what happened.

I think some of us got enough of it to understand that the other driver was a fault, and Nate is justified in looking out for his interests. And get this.... We figured that out the first time he posted.
Feel free to reply....... remember the chain has two ends.
--
Max

Max Dodge wrote:

wow........ he's on a roll now..... mommy............ Jerry still won't leave me alone. mommmmmmy. Still answering for someone else I see....LOL............ poor baby...... yank, yank, yank.....LOL

See Jerry, my humor is more..... thought out. Its more like someone aged 25 or older. Not like a little kid on the playground whining.
Go ahead, answer, because you know you can't resist.
--
Max

Max Dodge wrote:

LOL.......... I don't intend to resist stupid....... This is starting to become fun now. Look at my last couple posts, you've answered within minutes. You're sitting at the key board drooling all over yourself. You have no other life except this ng. Mommmmy Jerry is still here. Help meeeeee........

Yeah, I'm sitting here doing bills, and I see you are answering right away too. When I leave the desk to swap out the laundry, there will be a few minute break. Feel free to get some coffee or a snack. But don't forget to answer. And by golly, make damn sure you get the last word in.
--
Max

Max Dodge wrote:

Still worried about that last word maxipad. BTW maxipad fits you very well, that's why so many people use it.... learn to live with it. Hey maxiepad.... remember this post from 6 years ago?
"MAX340     Aug 5 1999, 1:00 am show options Newsgroups: alt.autos.dodge.trucks From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.comQ (MAX340) - Date: 1999/08/05 Subject: Re: A satisfied Ford owner... Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse
>If you were my English >teacher. It would be fair to correct me, but your *snot*!
Better get your tissue, cuz I was ALL OVER that post......
As far as teaching, I am sure I carry more credentials regarding teaching than you could possibly imagine.
>If that's all you can rebut about my post, you are lame.
Sorry, it wasn't a rebuttal. It was a deliberate attempt to get you pissed off and riled up. It worked splendidly.
>English wasn't my best subject. Can you tell?
I bet Social Studies wasn't either.
Max
Nothing has changed in your life in the last 6 years has it maxipad.....You're still the same dumb jerk of a asshole as before, except maybe that you are now having to do your own laundry. Very interesting going back and reading those old post and how you argued with Roy, Sandman, Gary, Budd, and just about..... no with everyone in the same manner as now and you used the same stupid moronic and childish tactics in trying to have the last word. Think you'll ever grow up maxipad. Oh, don't worry about JPH's post.... you must have missed the part where he said MOST states but then that is your style......LOL.....yank,yank.yank.

Nope, never was worried about the last word Jerry. That was soemthing you decided you weren't gonna let me have. Thats fine, but I'm gonna make you work at it, just for the hell of it.
I guess I remember that post, barely..... it was from '99, so I figured it was water over the dam. I never really tried to remember them all. BTW, for you yanking my chain, you seem to have time to go on wild goose chases as assigned by me. I'm not sure what that post proves, what were you intending by digging it up?

You sure are obsessed by my life.... "dumb jerk of an asshole" wow, that would be profound, only its not profound. Its just kinda silly. And I've been doing my own laundry for..... 30 years? I dunno, obviously you've put more thought into my laundry than I have.

Yeah, when I disagreed, I did argue. Hell, Budd and I have talked on the phone, and even exchanged philosophical/theological ideas and discussion. Gary's been a good source of info and assistance when I got stuck on things I neversaw before. But the real thing is, I never tried to have the last word. This time, I'm just doing it to prick you. You brought it up, you whined about it, and you have claimed it as a prize, so I'm making you work for it. So I'm an asshole in your opinion. Great, I'm an asshole thats having an amusing time.

I grew up. See, I post rebuttals, not grade school name calling. Yeah, I know he said most states, but I bet if you look, you'll find all states require that you yield right of way or stop at an intersection. Feel free to prove me wrong.
Feel free to try for the last word again. You might get it this time, its getting late. But there is always tomorrow.
BTW, I missed that proof that I got fired as a teacher. Feel free to post that.
--
Max

Max Dodge wrote:

Obsessed by your life...LOL... not hardly. But a guy that can't even hold down a teaching job and gets fired from it has a problem. Usually when a teacher screws up they get promoted with a pay raise. Hell even when you tried to be a tutor the kids father fired your ass. Then you come on here crying about all the jobs you we're fired from, how your Dad's will screwed you out of , what was it a coin collection and a stack of comic books............. all you ever do is cry, complain and argue with everyone. You don't really want to re-read those posts where you cried because you couldn't have the last word or was fired from every job you attempted do you. Besides I'm confident everyone here remembers them anyway. You remind me of Cliff on Cheers.......same situation, same jerk except he actually had a visible job and not a made up job to try and hide his failures in life as you do. For a guy that has already turned 40 you haven't accomplished much in life have you. I see you have to respond to every single thing I mention, even laundry and I'm sure that comment actually went over your head.......... Been doing laundry since you were 10 years old huh...... Sorry maxipad but you didn't grow up at all. No maxipad, I didn't challenge you to anything. What you are doing now is what you do in every thread and I do mean every thread. I'm simply pulling your chain, watching you jump and spin like the little puppy dog you are and shamefully starting to enjoy it. Wouldn't be surprised if when there is a little slack at the drive up window you run home to read this.....oops.... don't want to give that one away do we. Don't worry, I'll eventually unhook that chain and let you outside to play in another sand box. After all it probable isn't fair to mommy to have to get up several times each night and tell you to stop screaming in the dark. But for the moment seeing you dance and do a slow burn is a little more entertaining.

You sure seem to have made a bunch of assumptions about it and you think you know a lot about it

I never got fired fro ma teaching job Jerry, thats just something you made up. I await proof otherwise.

LOL, yeah, it must seem like that to those with limited knowledge of how the tenure system works.

Wow, thats somehting I don't recall, likely because it never happened. Feel free to post proof of that too.

I wasn't fired from any jobs, but feel free to bring proof of your claims.

How it screwed me out of what? Jeez Jerry, ya ought to come up with some facts before ya go posting so much crap.

I don't recall either of them being a major deal, I don't even remember the comic books.

You really ought to get proof of this stuff Jerry.

I'd read em if they existed, but I doubt they exist.

It'd be great if someone would back your claims, but no one is.

Well, you seem to think you know my resume, so go ahead, recite it for us.

Wow, you sure do write a lot of shit in reply to one or two lines from me.
Your turn.
--
Max

Max Dodge wrote:

LOL.... well using your often used tactics I don't have to prove anything. But if you're really interested just go back to July 21, 1999 in this very ng and you will find what you seek.

Gee maxi, how can you not recall either being a major deal and yet not remember them at the same time..... damn those archived posts.... get you every time.

Don't need it..... you just proved it.

But you just said they were not a major deal...... so they must exist....make up your mind maxi.
> your turn
Naw..... i had already decided today that I was through with you maxipad. Exposing you for what your really are has some rewards I guess but it also has the downside that I have to stoop to your level to do it. Very distasteful....... kind of like having to scoop the dog litter out in the yard. So come on back with your moronic last word that seems to be driving you over the edge and then maybe you can get a good nights sleep. I'm sure mommy will enjoy no more screams in the night. I guess you realize by now that all anyone just has to do a google search of news groups with the name Max340 and all your old bullshit pissing matches pop right up. You can run but you can't hide maxipad. Oh BTW, I did find it very interesting the two names you chose to identify as very close friends on this ng. Very interesting indeed. How is that saying.... Birds of a feather......Good night Cliff....
Nate, I am glad your family and no one else was hurt in the accident and hope you get your truck fixed soon. Only point I was making with you was I thought you were being a little more concerned about depreciation value than need be. I guess to each his own. Sorry your thread turned into a shitty pissing match but I'm sure you have seen it before.
Jerry

Whjat I seek is proof that you are correct. What I'll find is surely something different. Thats why I choose to let you prove it by posting it here on this thread. Once again amusing that you went looking for it.

What archived posts, you haven't posted anything that proves what you've said, so.... keep trying.

LOL, yeah, I guess you finally decided that you had enough of playing the games you claim you don't, only to retreat after claiming you weren't gonna post anymore.

LOL, The part where you stooped was where you attacked Nate for having legitimate concerns, attacked TomL for eloquently stating his point, attacked Tbone for whatever, depending on the day, attacked Budd for being Budd, and then decided t call me names for no apparent reason.
All of it was below the normal conduct you practice in here. IOW Jerry, despite the fact that I regularly disagree with you, it was worth dragging you around a bit until you realized that you had in fact, gotten off the normally respectable hole you claim. I dunno WTF your problem was, but hey, you jumped into the mud.

Nothing to hide from, Jerry, as you haven't proven a damn thing, since none of the things you've claimed were true.

Yeah, I guess it wouldn't surprise you to figure I'd spent several hours via phone and internet helping TomL with trans difficulties, since you attacked him too. Hell, for all the arguing you seem to think I did with Nate, I'd be glad to chat with him and help out if he had a problem. Remember Lee? He stopped here for several nights, even camped out in a local bar for a couple of them, drinking and having a good time. Yeah, I'm such an asshole.
Your turn.
--
Max