accident report

Page 3 of 10
Maxipad being maxipad..........
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.dodge.trucks/browse_thread/thread/3245d60d59a9c883/b6fd7758692b892e?lnk=st&q=teacher+author%3AMax340&rnum &hl=en#b6fd7758692b892e
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.dodge.trucks/browse_thread/thread/ff5b588876223ff8/60d7349a479d6f0b?lnk=st&q=teacher+author%3AMax340&rnum%&hl=en#60d7349a479d6f0b

Wow Jerry, I'm impressed with the effort you've put int olooking this up. I mean really, you are definitely yanking my chain. Wow, good work. So lets see what you have....

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.dodge.trucks/browse_thread/thread/3245d60d59a9c883/b6fd7758692b892e?lnk=st&q=teacher+author%3AMax340&rnum &hl=en#b6fd7758692b892e
Ok, so in this one, you have the word "teacher" in bold. Well, thats terrific. BUt you failed in two things. First, its someone else saying that I'm a teacher, not me. Thus, your claim is based on unproven knowledge. IOW, I didn't say it was me. But the real failure is that it doesn't say I was fired. Further, that thread shows at least two instances where I acknowledge being wrong, which you claim I never do. On top of that, the main argument was one of boring a block, which any engine builder does as a matter of course. If he doesn't the build is all but doomed to premature failure, and certainly won't have the power it could if bored.
I didn't go on to read the entire thread, I don't particularly give a damn. Feel free to point out anything you feel makes you correct, and I'll take a look. See, thats me being fair, after all, I DID yank your chain enough to get you to look it up.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.dodge.trucks/browse_thread/thread/ff5b588876223ff8/60d7349a479d6f0b?lnk=st&q=teacher+author%3AMax340&rnum%&hl=en#60d7349a479d6f0b
Wow, you highlighed the word teacher again. In the second example, I was saying that someone else sucked as a teacher, not labelling myself. Nice try, but no dice.
Back to the archives with you. Find that proof that I got fired as a teacher.
--
Max

Nate hadn't said it before but ill say it now. glad the family wasnt hurt. (good thing it was a dodge eh?) sorry to hear about the damage to the truck, i hope you get all your issues with the accident settled.
-chris

many thanks chris. it really sucks ass thats for sure.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com

Well, I've never done the same thing, because I don't even know what WalMart you are talking about. As such, I doubt I've ever had the chance to not stop at the exit of that WalMart.
But the real point is, I do stop when exiting a parking lot, because I don't feel like getting into an accident.
Go ahead Jerry, answer...... get the last word........
--
Max

Well, I've never done the same thing, because I don't even know what WalMart you are talking about. As such, I doubt I've ever had the chance to not stop at the exit of that WalMart.
But the real point is, I do stop when exiting a parking lot, because I don't feel like getting into an accident.
Go ahead Jerry, answer...... get the last word........
--
Max

Max Dodge wrote:

you felt you needed to double post the last two. Even at that you felt the need to reply to a post that wasn't even directed at you.....yank..yank...yank.

Actually, it was a mistake, but hey, if it gives you something to whine about, I'll be glad to double post everything.
Your turn.
--
Max

Jerry wrote:

public street to come to a full stop before entering. Doesn't have to have a stop sign. Then theres the provision that you have to yield the right of way to traffic on the priority street.
JPH

Jeez man, are ya trying to confuse Jerry with reality? WTF??
Watch, he'll reply to me, but he'll either deny you are correct, or just not address your statement at all.
--
Max

Jerry wrote:

And if you hit someone, you'll probably be cited for "failure to use caution in starting", or however your local state phrases the concept that drivers entering from minor roads need to yield to drivers in major roads.
I've always thought that motor vehicle laws should be more like marine right of way laws. The over-riding rule is that you are supposed to do everything possible to avoid a collision. Just because you collide with a boat that was supposed to give way to you doesn't mean you're entirely off the hook. Did you slow down? Did you radio him? Did you make it clear to him what you were doing?
I think there's more than a few accidents caused by people who simply know they have the right of way and ain't going to give it up to anyone.
SMH

Well Steve, you do bring up a good point. The story here keeps changing from a 35 MPH T-Bone to now what looks like a sideswipe form a merge where the truck did not yield right of way. The part not being talked about is what Nates wife did or didn't do in the situation. Did she apply her brakes or even sound her horn to try and avoid the accident? I would suspect that one of the reasons why the officer did not issue a summons is that if he did, he might have to issue one to Nates wife as well for as Max defines it, careless driving. If she saw what was happening, which according to Nate, she did and did nothing to attempt to avoid it, then she did not take complete control of her vehicle and again, by the Max definition, could be sited for careless driving. Without any tickets issued, it is still clearly the fault of the other driver but if tickets were issued and the ones being summoned choose to fight them, a whole new world of hurt could begin for both sides and since he did not witness the accident or the events leading up to it, he played it safe.

the "story" has never changed. it has been clarified as different information has been requested.

i find that statement ill-informed. my wife was driving down a busy city street when from nowhere a truck slams into her side. she did nothing wrong here. she saw the truck coming a split second before impact and attempted to swerve but was unable to due to oncoming traffic and lack of adequate warning.
the highway patrolman did tell me that he could have issued a citation for failure to get the address changed on her drivers license, and for not having her insurance card with her. neither of these however, would prevent issuing a ticket for a moving violation.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com

I am not calling you a liar Nate but first it was a T-Bone at 35 MPH and now I don't have a clue what it was. You did mention a stop sign somewhere near the accident but who had to stop there. You also mentioned 35 MPH AND that there was no hard right which indicated that it was more of a merge situation with your wife obviously having the right of way.

With the above information and the fact that you did say that your wife was wondering which vehicle he was going to hit, hers or the one in front of her, it appeard from what YOU said, that she had more than a split second which is the whole point, there are too many possible variables for the officer to make assumptions on. Now if this was a merge situation gone bad, why didn't your wife see the truck coming or how even could the truck come out of nowhere?

Sure it would have. A violation is a violation and if he tickets for one, he has to ticket for all of them.

oh i didnt think you were.

no, i said that he was travelling at 35mph, not that the actual impact itself was while travelling 35 mph. the 35 mph is relevant to show his negligence.....you dont travel through parking lots at 35 mph and the driveway is maybe 75 feet so he had to be running 35 through the parking lot, assuming the highway patrolman's estimate is correct based upon the skid marks and whatever else they use to assess speed.

its not a merge driveway, but its not 90 degrees either.

relatively short driveway, truck was still in the parking lot while in my wifes direct field of view.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com
"Nathan W. Collier" < snipped-for-privacy@Email.com> wrote in message

no, i _asked_ for your (collectively) opinion and im not going to whine about the ones i dont like. i just want to make sure all facts are clear.

certainly. im not worried, my attorney is prepared to move forward if my insurance company doesnt make me a reasonable offer.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com

I think thats your best bet. Sucks spending money on a lawyer, but then you don't have to do the leg work or keep after anyone but him. Means the business of making money keeps going. eases the mind a bit too.
--
Max

well, ask a question, you gotta accept the answer.

i guess that the answer is pretty much........no......... huh tom and max?
Stephen Harding wrote:

As far as determining liability, the insurance reps actually do look at that. If driver A was on the main road, and driver B was on a side street and ran into driver A, driver B's agent will try to determine if the driver A did everything they could to avoid the accident, even though the driver B failed to yield the right of way. If driver A could have swerved to avoid the accident, braked, beeped the horn, but didn't, then the settlement might be reduced by a certain percentage in some states. Actually no one "has" the right of way, the question is who is required to "yield" the right of way.
John