accident report

ok... what part of the country are you in? so i know not to go there.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

now i don't care who you are, that was funny.

Reply to
theguy

You're absolutely correct. A unloaded 1/2 ton truck traveling 20 mph will skid approximately 25 feet in a panic stop. If this truck had a trailer hooked to it then skid marks will tell absolutely nothing as far as his actual speed. Especially if he only had a few feet to skid anyways from a parking lot entrance into the traffic lane. Tom pointed that out in his first post but decided to change his tune when it was time for lets f*ck with Tbone again. With my truck I have a dead spot on the passenger side from the side mirror and several times I have almost pulled out in front of someone when the timing was just right. It could be just what it is....... a accident and calling the other guy a moron when you don't really know the circumstances is stupid. The only thing some of you people are interested in here is just another stupid pissing thread with as usual Max leading the charge. Grow up............

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Indeed, grow up Jerry. As usual you, among others, overstate the amount that I post on this newsgroup. Secondly, I posted in reply to someone who obviously had no idea of how things might actually be. Third, Nate has genuine concerns, and whether you believe them to be logical or not, its clear your reply (just making a mountain out of a molehill?) was meant to stir things up, not help him with his concerns.

If you are going to bitch at somone for behaving a certain way, its best to be sure you don't do exactly what you are complaining about.

Reply to
Max Dodge

You don't see me jumping into threads posting bullshit that I know is wrong just to keep a pissing match going on and that is just what you do on a constant basics. Any time, night or day, all anyone has to do is log on here and it is the same old crap between you and Tbone and lately Tom Lawrence who by the way seemed to avoid that petty crap in the past. Nate has a right to be upset about a accident that could of injured his family but all it is going to cost him now is the loss of his truck for awhile while being repaired but his concerns about depreciation is a mountain out of a mole hill. You fix the truck and go on.... nothing more and nothing less. Don't give me this crap about looking in a mirror as you are involved in every thread that is a bitch thread and you know it. Grow up.............

Reply to
Jerry

And ya don't see me doing that on a constant basis either. Yet, as you complain about it, here you are, bitching again about something that is so insignificant as to be a "mountain out of a mole hill."

More bullshit. You have a vivid imagination, or just don't really read that much.

Yeah, well, some days its just fun to slam the idiot around, especially when ya can't see his face and take pity.

I disagree, and thats why I posted. While you are correct in some of what you say, you forget that the general buying public doesn't know all that you know. As such, it is legitimate for Nate to be concerned about resale value. In fact, its an astute businessman that not only knows about it, but covers his ass on such matters.

Proof of what I have said is in your idiotic reply.

Go ahead, have the last word, then shut the f*ck up.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Yes, I did - because the way it was worded ("the accident occurred where the driveway meets the street, and it's determined that he was running an estimated 35MPH") sounded like it was determined to be a 35MPH impact.

No - I changed my tune (if you want to call it that) when Nate clarified that the HP officer stated (on a phone call - meaning he had time to do some analysis) the initial speed was estimated at 30-35MPH based on the load of the truck and the length of the skid marks. My problem with T-Bone was his statements to the effect of, "you can't place blame on the other driver, because you weren't there, so you don't know what happened". Unless Nate's lying about the details of the accident location (highly unlikely), or lying about the statements the Highway Patrol made to him (again, pretty unlikely), it's hard to imagine a scenario where the other driver ISN'T at fault.

As have I. But - have you ever pulled into oncoming traffic from a parking lot at 30+ MPH? That's the part that categorizes the other driver as a "moron". Add in the part about the fully loaded horse trailer, and it's even more puzzling why a reckless (let alone careless) driving citation wasn't issued. Putting myself in that situation, I can't imagine a scenario where I don't pull to the end of the driveway, and either come to a stop, or at least a creep, look, and then pull out. Even if I don't see the oncoming truck, no WAY am I pulling out onto the road fast enough to impact the side of the truck that much.

Nate - can you take some pics of the area that this happened (if you haven't already?)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Awww.... poor little man. Now he is resorting to high school tactics to try and get the last word in.... grow up Max.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Tom Lawrence wrote: >

No I haven't and common sense tells you that wouldn't be a easy thing to do coming out of a parking lot making a 90 degree turn pulling a horse trailer..... and if he hit her broadside he never even got into the turn.......think about it.

If it were true.... but my experience is people with horses, assuming he had any aboard are very cautious in how they turn and brake and even when there are no animals aboard they seem to drive in the same manner with their trailer. There is to much missing from this story to make a judgment like this.

Maybe because it was not the situation as described and no I'm not calling Nate a liar but he could have his information all turned around. You know the Police officer could have been flat wrong. Just how long do you think skid marks would be with the 20,000 pound total weight at

35 mph you mentioned? I'd say a good 50-60 feet and to me that would mean he skidded all the way across the highway into the parking lot across the street before making contact, unless of course the trailer had brakes, locked up and over lapped the truck marks??. Come on Tom, use some logical thinking here.

Me either which leads me to think he probable never braked at all until just before impact which would result is the damage that resulted because of the force from the weight of his vehicle and load. It still places the fault with the driver of the other vehicle but a moron it does not make without better information. Most states believe it or not usually have a speed limit of 10 mph in parking lots and certain residential zones where there are children, at least the one's I've lived in so why wasn't he issued a citation for speeding......maybe because he wasn't going that fast?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

You've proven me correct three times. I rest my case.

Reply to
Max Dodge

not a 90 degree turn at all. there is a one way driveway coming in, and and a one way driveway going out, both are angled. if it will make a difference i can go take a picture of the driveways.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
Jay

LOL...... here he is again..... poor baby. Your chain is getting longer and longer there Max. Grow up......

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Thought you said she (your wife) was on the street and the other driver was coming out of a parking lot. Doesn't he have to turn left or right? If it was a angled collision then it could be even easier for the truck and trailer not to see on coming traffic properly or make a misjudgment in speed and flow, especially if he was under the impression your wife was getting ready to enter the parking lot. Sounds like it was what it probable is...... a accident.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

while i don't necessarily disagree with some of what you have said jerry, for crying out loud, that is exactloy what you did here and what you have doing lately when you decide to post. you jump in and post bullshit that is only going to stir things up again. if you slow down a bit, and relax, you'd be able to see that nate was pissed and wanted some other people's opinion of what happened. some gave good advise and some went off on the holy grail route.

doesn't seem like all that big a deal really.

and for tbone and max, that does get a little old, but it just seems to be their calling. i try to stay out of that. max really does like to bait tom, and tom has the rare ability to constantly jump into areas where he has no knowledge and tell people what to do. tom pretty much ends up in the shit with everyone. he has some good advise if he would just learn to stay in areas that he knows what he is talking about, he would do much better. i am pretty sure that he is on a few other forums that i read (that is why i keep asking if he is t_bone from arizona) because the comments are so similar and he ends up in the shit with everpyone there too.

it is interesting though that the onlly time i see you here anymore is when you blast in all pissed off, pitching shit on people, because they pitched shit on people.

just saying jerry.

Reply to
theguy

Yup, sounds like it was an accident, it was the other guy's fault, and that Nate has legitimate concerns.

Just keep proving me correct Jerry, its amusing that way. Even more interesting that the people you attacked in your rant can both justify what they were saying, but you won't rebut the argument. You just whine about how much you think we post, and why you think we post.

Better check which end of that chain you are on.

Reply to
Max Dodge

one was due to my choice, the other due to someone else's negligence.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

yes, but its not a 90 degree turn.

sorry, i dont buy it. every day hundreds of people use that same driveway and they have the sense to know when to stop. it doesnt matte anyway, youre still supposed to stop when traffic is coming.

well i know he didnt do it on purpose, but it was still due to his negligence. an "accident" to me is swerving to miss a dog and hitting another car. choosing not to stop before exiting a parking lot onto a very busy city street is negligent at best.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Bullshit......... the local WalMart where I live has no stop sign or a painted stop on the pavement at their exit before the street and I exit there all the time without stopping first. Why should I.... there is a clear view of traffic at least a 100 feet in both direction before even getting to the exit and that view is 500-600 feet on both sides of the road. So if there is no traffic for several hundred feet on the road before the exit why should anyone stop. I doubt there is a single person around this NG that has never done the same thing. It doesn't really matter Nate and like I said before I understand your frustration and right to be mad because your truck has been wrecked but you're picking at straws now.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

read what i said again. i said choosing not to stop before exiting a parking lot onto a VERY BUSY city street. if nothing is coming there is no reason to stop, but this street in question is very busy. its the only street in and out of a residential area with thousands of residents. my wife said there were cars directly in front of her and directly behind her. its wasnt an issue of would he hit a car, so much as which car would he hit. now i wasnt there to see this, but i trust fully in what my wife tells me. this is an issue of negligence at best.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier